AIN'T NOTHIN GONNA BREAKA MY STRIDE!

aint' nothin gonna slow me down, oh no, I got to keep on movin!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mr. Diddles and Jog By Joinings

Hello my dedicated blog peeps!

Now, you are just DYING to know who Mr. Diddles is. That will come later. For now, let's celebrate the fact that run #2 is under my warm ups and I feel terrible! Yes, TERRIBLE. I hate exercise more than ever right now. My joints hurt, my hammies hurt, the tops of my feet STILL HURT and I am more hungry than ever. Is this progress? Well, according to my dear sister in law who is in the Marine Corps, yes, the Marine Corps- deep, searing bone pain is a great sign! Super! Here is a synopsis of today's evil run.

Coach Katie was so kind to watch my kiddos while I went to run around the lake of hell again. It was a lovely afternoon and the sun was on my side, which helped my motivation. But running when your legs already hurt is serious business. I equate it to giving birth to twins. Oh, yes, the first one is out and over with, and you hurt quite a bit, but let's DO IT AGAIN!!!! No me gusta.

Nonetheless, I attempted. I did my stretches and set out for a grueling grind of my bones around the lake and then, I saw him. Lots and lots of people run and walk around this lake-most in some sort of "outfit" that says, "Hey, I am exercising!" But not this guy. No, there were plenty of normal people on the trail today. But this one was anything but normal. He donned a nice fleece of sorts, some jeans and googly eyed glasses. It wasn't how he looked but how he looked at ME. It was the sort of look that gives you the willies-you want to shake the look off but can't quite come to terms with what it is about this person that makes you want to break your legs running. Enter Mr. Diddles. Mr. Diddles is a nickname my sister and her friends hand off to people who are, well, creepy molesters of sorts. And this guy earned his name for sure today. Not that he tried to molest me because I would have round house kicked him in his googly eyed glasses, but he gave me the vibe AND I WAS OUT!!

Necessity is indeed the mother of invention, so today, I invented "the-jog-by-joiner". Kind of like a drive by shooting, but without guns, and a car, and a red bandana. The "jog-by-joiner" scopes out her crowd on the trail to see who she can pace behind in order to not be alone with the Mr. Diddles' of the world. There's lots of opportunities to do a jog by join-you just act like you are a serious exerciser and when you see a group of women who look like a trusted aunt or grandparent, you slowly jog behind them. Then, if Mr. Diddles decides to diddle dally doo over to you, immediately you have witnesses/backup. This really worked for me today until my "friends" decided to jog off to a picnic bench and have a rest. Jog by joiners are never to "follow" their designated friends otherwise the JBJ (jog by joiner) becomes similar to Mrs. Diddles...you get the jist.

So with Mr. Diddles ahead of me, I turned around half way and went back. I probably made it a mile today. And again, I felt MUCH better after the run-more energy to be with the kids during the "chaos hour" (5-7 pm) and even created a new delicious kid friendly Alfredo sauce to pair nicely with the noodles that I inhaled for dinner.

It's just a day in the life,
Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. I love how honest you are, especially about food! Ishy, Mr.Diddles....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally giving you my pepper-spray...or I do have bear-spray (much bigger sprayer) if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get the turn around. I'd have done the same thing. Actually, truth time, I'd have used Mr. Diddles as an excuse just not to go. Shame...shame on me. I need to start running a few times a week as well. Helps with my Love Handel (that's a band on Phineas & Ferb)

    ReplyDelete