AIN'T NOTHIN GONNA BREAKA MY STRIDE!

aint' nothin gonna slow me down, oh no, I got to keep on movin!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Oh I Don't THINK So!

Hello.
Um. Hmm. Where do I begin? Let's just get it out there right now. As you can hear, my song has changed to a sweet 80's pop number from Matthew someone or whatever. But listen. Listen closely to the words. They say "Ain't nothin gonna breaka my stride, ain't nothin gonna slow me down, oh no, I got to keep on movin!" And they say this because I have my first athletic injury and I am taking it on as a challenge to get in more shape than ever before!!!! It is not shin splints. It's my knee? I'm so PISSED about this "injury" and if I didn't walk like a total deadleg I would just run it off. Meanwhile, as I peruse the vast mechanics of the knee on google. m.d. (I am sure all doctors LOVE it when I have a diagnosis for them upon my visit to their office)...I am thinking MCL ligament pull from hittin the lake of hell run a little too hard. How annoying. I didn't even feel anything when running except for the complimentary side ache, which I breathed through-you remember this-and kept going. But now I am down and out with this hideous pain on the inside of my knee area and I sort of walk like a pirate with a wooden leg and it really, really SUCKS! I do not like going to the doctor because I usually get the advice I found for FREE online but then end up paying the huge deductible only for the injury to get better within a few weeks. I am calling my brother in law. He is a basketball coach. Legs and knees to these people are like gold to a well, a pirate. They love nice, shiny, healthy legs and knees. He'll know what to do.
Now, onto my exercise plan. First I am on a detox diet, and yes, coach Katie, that includes the dark chocolate mousse you brought over for my birthday. We busted out the the Jack LaLane juicer (AGAIN, I will TRY to post a picture unless someone steals it away from me, but I think I am on to these web sites and how to KEEP my pictures for my own use). The Jack LaLane juicer is truly amazing. And I can't help but to take on infomercial mom voice when I use it. Like this morning. I chopped up my fruits and veggies for a "Sunrise Delight" and said in ultra infomercial lady voice, "Okay Gonnella Family *wink* time for your fresh, all natural, delicious fresh juice! All I have to do is put in a few carrots, apples and strawberries and then *zing* fresh juice from the Jack LaLane power juicer right into your cup *big smile*!!!! They look at me like I am going seriously insane and then happily drink the concoction. I am juicing and eating whole grains, lots of water and antioxidant teas in order to rid the body of the birthday build up I put in it last weekend and to keep me motivated to continue my journey to go the distance. And we have included a probiotic in our diet and I must say, my tummy has not felt this good for a long time. Now, if I can get the knee to feel better, I will be on my way to super awesome energy power mom.
Did you know that it is EXTREMELY difficult to get up and down stairs with a straight leg? Try it. And then you will know what I am going through at this time. So drop me a line, say a prayer, call me, do something while I endure this drama. I had a little borderline meltdown in the car the other day and said something along the lines of, "I shoulda just stayed with art and cleaning the house, or cooking for a hobby (teardrop) and now LOOK AT ME! I am a total incapacitated mom of three who can't even sit down on the floor with bent legs!" Then Nick looked at me and said, "Seriously? Are you really crying?" And then it became quite funny as I know that I am a drama queen and Nick can just say simple phrases without even pointing the obvious out, and I know what he means.
This really is stupidly funny. I have gone running two times. And now I am an injured athlete. Not even an athlete. Just an injured mom who wanted a hobby. But, like my theme song says...
Ain't nothin gonna slow me down,
Rebecca

pjx-bogo-01a.jpg


5 comments:

  1. Oh Becs, sorry but you are trying, and I really would like some of that juice. Go to the Doctors just to check it out!!! Darn-it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will say some healing prayers for you!!!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too hilarious! I hope you get better... Just remember the word RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation!! As for the shins, I used to get them really bad, a bucket of water and ice (for about 12 min) felt soooo amazing after practice. It takes a couple times to get used too, but after the first two minutes you won't feel it anymore anyways:) Good luck!! Can't wait to see you suited up again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the song! I'm just keeping my computer on so I can listen to it while I work in the kitchen. :)Thanks! By the way...that mousse was nasty! I felt so bad when I got home and tasted it...but since you blogged about it, I'll pretend it was awesome and I cooked all day. (yuck...too coconutty...sorry). Good luck with the x-ray/MRI!!! Can't wait to hear what they say...in the meantime just pop some ibuprofen in the mousse and swallow (maybe it will make it taste better). :) -Coach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the song, inspires me, and I am not a runner. Hang in there, lady, anything new is SOOOO HARD! You pushed two babies out all natural, don't forget that~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca-you'll get thru this. One think I've learned when I start exercising after a long hiatus. I wear those neoprene knee braces for the first couple of weeks, until the puppies get back in shape.
    I love the new anthem. It is pumping me up, tho I too am not allowed to exercise at the moment. 2 weeks until I see the doc and then hopefully it will be on, like donkey kong. ;) praying for a speedy recovery for you.

    ReplyDelete